Download our Product Instructions and Activity Guide:
GeoSafari® Walkie Talkies
I turn the walkie talkie on and the power indicator light does not light up.
Check the batteries to make sure that they are inserted correctly into the battery compartment. If that does not solve the issue, try using a fresh set of batteries.
I press the buttons on the walkie talkie and I don't hear anything.
Check that you have fresh batteries and that they are inserted into the battery compartment correctly.
I'm trying to connect to my buddy, but it's not working.
1. Turn OFF both walkie talkies.
2. Stand next to your buddy and turn ON both walkie talkies.
3. Press the "leaf" button on your walkie talkie. You and your buddy should hear birds singing.
4. Have your buddy press the "leaf" button on their walkie talkie.
5. Now you should be connected. Try talking into the walkie talkie.
6. If this doesn't work, install fresh batteries into both walkie talkies and repeat the steps above.
My buddy is standing far away, and I can't connect to them.
The maximum range of the walkie talkies is ~300 feet without any obstructions (such as walls, trees, buildings, cars, etc.). They work best when you and your buddy can see each other from far away.
I was talking to my buddy, and then we got disconnected.
The maximum range of the walkie talkies is ~300 feet without any obstructions. Large objects such as buildings may block the walkie talkie signal, and they will disconnect from each other. Going out of range will also cause the walkie talkies to disconnect from each other.
Try walking closer to your buddy. Walkie talkies also work best when you and your buddy can see each other.