The Big Idea
What do DVD players, high-tech security systems, and holograms all have in common? Lasers! Learn more with a real Class 1 laser and 10 laser experiments and activities. Perfect for STEM learning and science fairs.
Cut to the Chase
- Introduces key principles of physics and optics like reflection and diffraction
- Provides hands-on experience with the science of light
- Perfect for STEM learning
Includes Class 1 laser, tested to meet all appropriate U.S. Standards, and safe to use by children ages 6+. Not available in Canada.
- Learn about lasers and key principles of physics and optics with cool experiments and activities
- Includes Class 1 laser with 3 settings: dot, line, and star (Class 1 laser-wavelength is 650nm)
- 1 Diffraction grating, a transparent material that bends light
- 2 Mirrors
- 2 Stands
- 1 Blank microscope slide
- Guide with 5 activities
- 5 Additional online activities
- Requires 2 AAA batteries (not included)